- 5inch colour bonded display
- Fully adaptive, self-learning software
- Total of 6 user modes available
- Unique WORK mode: customize the parameters to suit individual vessel needs
- Triple support of independent rudders and multiple thrusters
- 2 basic systems using the same modules: design and build to your unique requirements
- Full 2 year warranty backed by our global service network
MATCH YOUR REQUIREMENTS
The Simrad AP70 is ideal for both simple installations where International Maritime Organization (IMO) approval is not required, yet can be configured (by matching with an approved computer) to meet the IMO requirements for a Type Approved autopilot. Install the AP70 as a stand-alone display, or network it as a second or third station for ultimate vessel control.
The AP70’s waterproof design, stunning daylight viewable display, color user interface, intuitive on-screen graphics and option of flush- or bracket-mount, enable easy operation regardless of the installation requirements. Additionally, dedicated mode, command and turn keys, and rotary knob provide quick and unmistakable selection of the required function when the situation calls for immediate response.
With its completely new and unique colour user interface and intuitive graphics, ability to store up to 3 individual scenario profiles, and self-learning software, this modular system makes installation and operation so easy. You won’t find another pilot on the market that boasts the same performance, durability and versatility without the high cost.
Both the AP70 and AP80 systems are made from ruggedized aluminium, have a 5inch bonded high sunlight viewable screen, and can be panel (flush) or bracket mounted.
Like all our products, Simrad's autopilot systems are backed by a full two-year warranty that is supported by a global service network.
The AP70 and AP80 integrate with 3 different full function remotes: Follow-Up Control, Non Follow-Up Control, and the Quick Stick™. Each has a 35mm x 25mm (approximately 1inch) display, are type approved, and can be desktop or panel (flush) mounted. Each remote is also backward compatible with Simrad’s AP24, AP28, NSS, NSE, and NSO.
- The FU80 (a manoeuvre controller) is a Follow Up remote which means that the rudder, when hand steering, moves to the commanded angle set by turning the knob to port or starboard.
- The NF80 (a drive controller) is a Non Follow Up remote which means that the rudder, when hand steering, moves as long as the steering lever is kept at maximum port/starboard position. It can also be used for course change when autosteering. The lever has spring return to mid-position.
- The QS80 (Quick Stick controller) operates the same way as NF80 when the joystick is kept to port or starboard. When the joystick is moved forward and released, the autopilot goes into automatic mode. When the joystick is moved backwards when automatic steering is active, the autopilot goes to standby. If the joystick is moved backwards when standby, the rudder moves to mid-position. The joystick has spring return to center position.
The Simrad AP70 and AP80 bring with them a range of 7 new autopilot computers. Their main job is to receive events from the various control units and remotes on SimNet, transmit the chosen mode back to the control units, and steer the vessel according to current mode.