FCC rules require that any AIS system be programmed by a qualified marine technician before installation. The price of your AIS system includes this programming.
In order to complete your purchase of any AIS system it is required that you fax the AIS Static Data Log below and a copy of your FCC MMSI Registration or FCC Ship Stations License to 954 346 5114. Please submit the form below with the vessel master or owner's signature. Once received your unit will be programmed and shipped.
Required AIS Static Data Log (click here)
Operating in the VHF maritime band, the AIS system enables the wireless exchange of navigation status between vessels and shore-side traffic monitoring centers. Commercial ships, ocean-going vessels and recreational boats equipped with AIS transceivers broadcast AIS messages that include the vessel’s name, course, speed and current navigation status.
Raymarine’s AIS650 is a class B AIS transceiver allowing you to transmit your data to other AIS equipped vessels, and receive their data for viewing right on your Raymarine multifunction display’s radar or chartplotter screen.
Raymarine’s new AIS650 Class B Automatic Identification (AIS) transceiver brings boaters best-in-class features and performance in a package that’s 50% smaller than previous generation AIS transceivers. The new AIS650 is engineered for seamless integration with Raymarine multifunction displays and offers multiple connection options including SeaTalkng, NMEA2000, NMEA0183 and USB. This unprecedented flexibility makes the AIS650 easy to integrate with all of your onboard electronics including MFD’s, instruments, PC based navigation systems and more.
The AIS650 features a dual-channel receiver system for fast acquisition and tracking of both Class A and Class B AIS traffic. It’s also equipped with a state-of-the-art 50-channel GPS receiver with Receiver Autonomous Integrity Management (RAIM.) RAIM intelligently monitors the status and accuracy of the GPS system ensuring the vessel position transmitted by the AIS650 is of the highest level of accuracy possible. AIS650 is also fitted with a standard Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot, and AIS data recording capability.
AIS650 also features both hardware and software enabled Silent Mode, which enables the captain to switch off the AIS transmitter for reasons of security or privacy. When connected to Raymarine MFD’s, silent mode can be enabled or disabled at-will from any display on the network. This feature is most often employed by tournament captains who do not want to reveal the position of their hot fishing spot, but is also vital to cruising power and sailing vessels who may want to temporarily disable broadcasting their position out of concern for vessel security. AIS650 has a dedicated set of leads than can be employed to physically switch off the AIS transmitter beyond what the software mode allows.
When used with Raymarine multifunction displays, the AIS650 supports Raymarine’s exclusive Buddy Tracking feature, which allows you to save AIS targets of interest with a special icon and “friendly” name. Buddy tracking makes it easy to spot the boats of friends and family out on the water, or to identify other vessels-of-interest with ease.
The AIS650 Class B AIS Transceiver is the natural choice for owners of Raymarine multifunction display products looking to increase their safety and situational awareness with AIS technology. The AIS650 is engineered for simple installation and seamless integration with Raymarine multifunction display systems. As an integral part of any vessels multifunction navigation display system, the AIS650 is backed by the same superior service and support network as the multifunction displays themselves. Owners can also have peace of mind with the AIS650’s standard 2-year warranty, which is upgradeable to 3-years of coverage simply by registering the product online at www.raymarine.com.
The AIS650 is an ultra-compact class B AIS transceiver that is engineered for high performance and seamless integration with your Raymarine navigation system. Features include:
- Dual channel receivers – AIS vessel monitoring of class A and B transmissions.
- Built-in 50 channel RAIM compliant GPS receiver for superior accuracy.
- Hardware and software selectable Silent Mode for privacy or security. Silent mode turns off your AIS transmitter while still enabling you to see transmissions from other vessels.
- SeaTalkng networking for simple integration with Raymarine C-Series Widescreen, E-Series Widescreen and G-Series systems.
- USB 2.0 port for plug-and-play connection to ProAIS2 configuration software (included) and PC based navigation systems.
- SD Card Slot for recording of AIS data.
- AIS650 will continuously record data until the inserted SD card is full (2 GB maximum.)
- Estimated 7-days of continuous recording in heavy AIS traffic areas like Singaport, Rotterdam and New York Harbor.
- Built-in NMEA multiplexer simplifies integration with legacy MFD display, VHF radios and 3rd party devices.
- Front-facing multicolor LED indicator for system status and diagnostics.
- Rugged, water resistant enclosure designed for easy below deck installation.